Sunday, 7 June 2015

Santorini reloaded! - part III

It took me a while but the final part of my Santorini trilogy is here: "The Beach". 
What I didn't know before researching accommodations for our vacation is that you can't stay at the pretty white houses that you see when you google Santorini and also have a beach nearby. We stayed at a hotel in Kamari which is located on the other side of the island and unfortunately there are no white houses on hills there. But that doesn't mean it's not a great place to be.

Some things I think might be helpful:
  • If money is no object stay at a hotel/villa overlooking the Caldera. You won't be close to the beach but you will probably have your private swimming pool (also if you are interested in adopting/ marring me, send me an email :D )
  • If however spending thousands of euros on a hotel room isn't your thing, try Kamari/ Perissa (here is a list of Santorini beaches). We stayed at Arion Bay Hotel in Kamari and it was AMAZING! The staff is super friendly, breakfast was great and the guy at the bar was soooo hot!
  • Beaches in Santorini are not like normal beaches (as in sandy and pretty). Kamari Beach is covered with black rocks and sand, the waves are usually pretty big and the shores are really steep (I can't swim so I couldn't go more than a meter or two in the sea). Buying water shoes is a good idea.
  • The food in every restaurant we tried in Kamari was awesome! I love seafood so lunches and dinners were Heaven time. But my favorite restaurant there was Al Fresco, which, you guessed it, is Italian. You must, I repeat, you must go there. 
And that, sunny people, is all I can think to say about my week in Santorini. If you haven't been there yet you should definitely put it on your list because it is an amazing place and you don't (necessarily) have to sell your soul to have a great time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment