Thursday, 26 March 2015

Book of the month: Wonder by R.J. Palacio


OMG, people, this book is amazing! And yes, I know you're thinking "I'm not taking book recommendations from someone who starts their sentences with OMG, people "- but just trust me on this one.
I received a Kindle for Christmas and this was the first book I read on it. I just couldn't put it down and I have been thinking of sharing this with you since December.
Wonder is the story of a 10 year-old kid - August - born with a severe facial abnormality. It's about a boy who just wishes to be normal, in a world where physical appearances are valued way too much. It is both sad and funny, frank and compelling. It will move you, give you hope and make you want to be a better person. At least that's how it made me feel. 
So there you have it: my little attempt at book recommending. I shall end it with my favorite quote from the book, because I often find myself thinking about it ^_^ : 
"Maybe it is a lottery, but the universe makes it all even out in the end. The universe takes care of all its birds."    ― R.J. Palacio, Wonder  


No comments:

Post a Comment